WE THE PEOPLE ARE TALKING TO YOU OUR FEDERAL GOVERNEMENT. CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?
Janet Contreras is just like you, just like me, just like any one of my neighbors. She has hopes and dreams and believes in this country even though our leadership has failed us over and over again. She is a mother, a grandmother, someone’s wife, someone’s daughter. She is us! She wrote a letter to our leaders and those leaders banned it from their email boxes. Wonder why that was? They don’t want to hear the truth! Too late. Glenn Beck read the letter on the air on the Fox Channel. Here is the letter in full. Being that it is an open letter, I feel there is no problem in posting it here.
by Janet Contreras
I am Janet Contreras, a concerned, home-grown American citizen. I am 53, and I have been a registered Democrat all of my adult life. Before the last Presidential election, I registered Republican because I no longer feel the Democratic Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. I now no longer feel the Republican Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. The fact is I no longer feel any political party or representative in Washington represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me.
There must be someone, please tell me who you are. Please stand up and tell me you are there and are willing to fight for our Constitution as it was written. Please do it now.
You might ask yourselves what my views and issues are that I would feel so horribly disenfranchised by both major political parties. What kind of nut job am I? Will you please tell me? These are briefly my views and issues for which I seek representation:
* Illegal Immigration—I want you to stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders. Close the underground tunnels. Stop the violence and trafficking in drugs and people. No amnesty, not again. Been there, done that, no resolution. P.S. I am not a racist. This not to be confused with legal immigration.
* TARP Bill—I want it repealed and no further funding supplied to it. We told you “NO!” but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze! Repeal!
* Czars—I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the Czars. No more Czars. Government officials answer to the process not the President. Stop trampling on our Constitution and honor it.
* Cap & Trade—the debate on global warming is NOT over, there IS more to say.
* Universal Health Care—I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don’t you dare pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!
* Growing Government Control—I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more. Shrink it down. Please mind your own business; you have enough to do with your REAL obligations. Let’s start there.
* ACORN—I do not want ACORN or its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them on every real estate deal that closes. Stop all funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audit and investigation. I do not trust them with the taking of the census or with taxpayer money. Face up to the allegations against them and get it resolved before the taxpayers get any further involved with them. It walks like a duck and talks like a duck—hello… stop protecting political buddies. You work for the people. Investigate.
* Redistribution of Wealth—No. If I work for it, it is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs. That is the only redistribution of wealth I support. I never got a job from a poor person. Why do you want me to hate my employers? What do your have against shareholders making a profit?
* Charitable Contributions—although I never got a job from a poor person, I have helped many in need. Charity belongs in our local communities where we know our needs best and can use local talent and resources. Butt out, please. We want to do this ourselves.
* Corporate Bail Outs—knock it off! Sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we will be better off just getting to it and letting the strong survive. Quick and painful, like ripping off a band aid. We will pull together. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us a chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.
* Transparency and Accountability—how about it? No really, let’s have it. Let’s say we give the “buzz” words a rest and have some straight, honest talk. Please stop trying to manipulate and appease me with cleaver wording. I am not the idiot you obviously take me for. Stop sneaking around meeting in back rooms making deals with your friends. It will only be a prelude to your criminal investigation. Stop hiding things from me.
* Unprecedented Quick Spending—stop it, now. Take a breath. Listen to “The People.”
Let’s just slow down and get some more input from some “non-politicians” on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed reading our bills into law.
I am not an activist. I am not a community organizer. Nor am I a terrorist, a militant nor a violent person. I am a mother and grandmother. I am a working woman. I am busy, busy, busy and tired, tired, tired. I thought we elected competent people to take care of the business of government so that we could work, raise our families, pay our bills, have a little recreation, complain about taxes, endure our hardships, pursue our personal goals, cut our lawns and wash our cars on weekends, and be responsible, contributing members of society and teach our children to be the same, all the while living in the home of the free and land of the brave.
I entrusted you with upholding our Constitution and believed in the checks and balances to keep you from getting too far off course. What happened? You are very far off course. Do you really think that I find humor in hiring a speed reader to unintelligibly ramble through a bill you signed into law without knowing what it contained? I do not! It is a mockery of the responsibility I have entrusted to you. It is a slap in the face! I am not laughing—the arrogance!
Why is it that I feel as if you would not trust me to make a single decision about my own life and how I would live it, but you expect that I should trust you with the debt that you have laid on all of us and our children? We did not want that TARP bill. We said “NO!” We would repeal it if we could. I am not sure that we still cannot. There is such urgency and recklessness in all the recent spending. From my perspective, it seems that you have all gone insane.
I also know that I am far from alone in these feelings. Do you honestly feel that your current pursuits have merit to patriotic Americans? We want it to stop. We want to put the brakes on everything that is being rushed by us and forced upon us. We want our voice back!
You have forced us to put our lives on hold to straighten out the mess you are making. We will have to give up our vacations, our time spent with our children, any relaxation time we may have had and money we cannot afford to spend on you to bring our concerns to Washington.
CRITICAL TO A FREE PEOPLE
There isn’t one thing in this letter that I don’t resonate with 100%. I’d love it if EVERY American out there posted this letter on thier blogs or the web if you agree with it. If you don’t, that is your right and I support you even if I don’t agree with you. That is part of why America worked for so long, differing opinions and ways of doing things.
Agencies within the federal government have abdicated their responsibility, done a 180 on the “mission statements” which are supposed to guide them. Our country is run by the huge drug producers like GlaxoSmithKline who produces Avandia, and many others. Revolving doors must be closed. Get experts in the field there, not more drug company stooges.
Banks and institutions too big to fail? Since when? Bad businesses should go OUT of business, not bailed out. Repeal those bailouts. Don’t think you can continue to steal from us with impunity.
Private industry needs to remain private and sacred from government interference. STOP NAFTA, CAFTA, and all the others you have signed into law which has hurt the united States. Bring our manufacturing base back home!
Securing our Southern Border will stop the drug trafficking, illegal migration, the burdens on our economy by freeloaders unable to communicate with the rest of us, (non-English speaking migrants). It will stop the violence along the border. That only happens because there is an avenue into this country. Do you think we can’t see this for ourselves? Close the anchor baby loophole. It has outlived its usefulness. Our Hispanic brothers and sister do NOT support illegals here. Militant groups like La Raza support violence and rioting. These are not peaceful assembly. Nor does our Constitution include illegal aliens or illegal migrants.
Those that want to come here legally make an effort to LEARN THE LANGUAGE! Congress and the POTUS are killing our hospitals, schools, industrial base, and infrastructure. You are encouraging lawless behavior. Are you out of your minds?
It is sanctuary cities and policies that are in direct conflict with federal laws, not Arizona. If you won’t secure our southern border, get the hell out of the way so we CAN! While you sit on your keesters in D.C. Arizona is becoming occupied territory by Mexico. By what authority do you sit there and do nothing to defend a State within the union? You have an obligation to support Arizona, not oppose us!
To the DoJ, your abuse of your position in suing Arizona is not just offensive and frivolous but dangerous. Why aren’t you suing the sanctuary cities that actively HINDER, OPPOSE and SUPPRESS federal laws? Wouldn’t that be a better use of taxpayer monies? Eric Holder needs to be fired. How can the he bring a law suit against the very laws which are current within the united States? Especially with the Supreme Court having already decided along these lines? (See Fox Video below) Or have you bought off the courts too?
Continuing along these lines will create a case for anarchy, lawlessness and disorder. Just because you can do a thing doesn’t mean you should. Obama’s pet projects do not make for honesty and truth. You are obligated to uphold the laws of the land. Americans do NOT support this legal action. Don’t make me choose between law and order and the excesses of the federal government. I am a law-abiding Citizen of this country and I expect you to uphold those laws, not pander to special interests.