Congress never learns. Just to prove that point, H.R. 45 , (AKA H.R. 2666),was written to take away our unalienable right to keep and bear arms. It seems that the Democrats just can’t understand that We the People of these united States will not allow them to control our purchase, ability to carry, or use of guns in defending ourselves! Perhaps a 2X4 would work to make that clear???
Are you sick and tired enough of the fool’s parade these Democrats are marching to? Are you to the point where you understand that this two party system is defunct, broken, full of personal agendas instead of REPRESENTING WE THE PEOPLE or DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION OF THESE UNITED STATES?
This is the face of Congressman Rush, yet another Illinois Democrat who is endeavoring to pass H.R. 45 and hold hostage the guns that Freemen and Women all across this land own or wish to own!
Holding law-abiding Citizens of this country responsible for the actions of the Drug Cartels, gang members, or any other criminal element is more than just wrong, it seems criminal in and of itself.
First there was Eric Holder and now this Democrat from Illinois. Mr. Obama’s agenda for taking your guns is very serious. Change we can believe in huh? The only change I could believe in is the one where the rights given us by our Creator are upheld!
Within this bill you will find:
- (5) gun violence in the United States is associated with the majority of homicides, over half the suicides, and two-thirds of non-fatal violent injuries; and
(6) on the afternoon of May 10, 2007, Blair Holt, a junior at Julian High School in Chicago, was killed on a public bus riding home from school when he used his body to shield a girl who was in the line of fire after a young man boarded the bus and started shooting.
Apparently Mr. Rush is unable to understand how the numbers apply according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics:
Gun homicides by teens and young adults rose sharply
beginning with the mid-1980’s and fell after the early 1990’s
- Gun homicides by persons 18-24 years old declined after the peak in 1993 but have not returned to the levels seen prior to the mid 1980’s.
- The trend in non-gun homicides shows little change, declining or fluctuating slightly for all age groups.
- Gun homicides by adults 25 and older declined through 1999, but have increased since then.
- The sharp increase in homicides from the mid-1980’s through the early 1990’s and much of the subsequent decline is attributable to gun violence by juveniles and young adults.
I’m sorry Mr. Rush, maybe we should have your mental capacities checked out? Perhaps the Citizens of Illinois want to rethink your position as their Representative??? The statistics DO NOT BEAR OUT WHAT YOU CLAIM! Nor do isolated incidents require laws to be enacted which infringe Law-Abiding citizens of these united States to own or bear firearms!
Also in this bill you will find the following:
(2) it is in the national interest and within the role of the Federal Government to ensure that the regulation of firearms is uniform among the States, that law enforcement can quickly and effectively trace firearms used in crime, and that firearms owners know how to use and safely store their firearms.
Here the federal government goes again, stomping all over both the Sovereignty of States AND those unalienable rights of Sovereign Citizens! Call your Representatives TODAY and tell them NO WAY! Or Call the Judicial Committee which currently has both bills under advisement and let them know your thoughts!
1-888 355 3588
1-888 818 6641
1-877 851 6437
And it just gets worse!
(c) Purposes- The purposes of this Act and the amendments made by this Act are–
(1) to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of qualifying firearms to criminals and youth;
(2) to ensure that owners of qualifying firearms are knowledgeable in the safe use, handling, and storage of those firearms;
(3) to restrict the availability of qualifying firearms to criminals, youth, and other persons prohibited by Federal law from receiving firearms; and
(4) to facilitate the tracing of qualifying firearms used in crime by Federal and State law enforcement agencies.
Already this has been implemented. If not for the criminal element, there would be NO problems. But unless law-enforcement can gain a handle on those who commit crimes, this legislation won’t change a thing! What is wrong with you people in Congress? Do you leave your brains at the door when you go to work?
(b) Amendment to Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
`(36) The term `qualifying firearm’–
`(i) any handgun; or
`(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and
`(B) does not include any antique.’.
Again, this only penalizes LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS, not the criminal element! Those who obey the laws do not commit crimes. We understand the value of life, of preserving human rights to life, and of obeying the laws of this great nation. DO NOT PRESUME TO TELL US WE CANNOT CONTROL OURSELVES, are incapable of making rational decisions, or are all criminals just waiting to be caught!!!
You can find the definitions here: Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, Unfortunately it is far too involved to insert into this post, but you should know what they have defined and where H.R. 45 is coming from.
Now, any responsible person will get basic training for any weapon they wish to purchase and use in a responsible way. We KNOW we cannot use a weapon we aren’t fully familiar with, DUH! So the following is just a way for the Attorney General of these united States to interfere with and deny any reasonable citizen’s right to own a firearm. It could literally choke off any attempt to buy or sell a firearm:
(7) a certificate attesting to the completion at the time of application of a written firearms examination, which shall test the knowledge and ability of the applicant regarding–
(A) the safe storage of firearms, particularly in the vicinity of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;
(B) the safe handling of firearms;
(C) the use of firearms in the home and the risks associated with such use;
(D) the legal responsibilities of firearms owners, including Federal, State, and local laws relating to requirements for the possession and storage of firearms, and relating to reporting requirements with respect to firearms; and
(E) any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate;
To say that this is objectionable is an understatement! Why should one man, one man who wants to take our CREATOR given right away to own guns, be placed in charge of such decisions? NO WAY!
(8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;
Which means that everyone will now have to take a mental health test. How do we know this test won’t be rigged to make sure NO ONE qualifies? We don’t. This law cannot pass! To my mind the mental testing should begin with all Legislators and their abilities of comprehension!
And then you just KNOW they will charge YOU for this information, the storage of the information, etc.
(1) IN GENERAL- The Attorney General shall charge and collect from each applicant for a license under this title a fee in an amount determined in accordance with paragraph (2).
(2) FEE AMOUNT- The amount of the fee collected under this subsection shall be not less than the amount determined by the Attorney General to be necessary to ensure that the total amount of all fees collected under this subsection during a fiscal year is sufficient to cover the costs of carrying out this title during that fiscal year, except that such amount shall not exceed $25.
Changes in this *fee* will be updated yearly, trust me! It all goes to filling up the feds coffers, something it is illegal to do under the Constitution of these united States. But that certainly won’t stop them from trying to do this now will it? Of course not. Why should the federal government enforce the Constitution???
Section 103 determines how and who may obtain a license and Section 104 is all about renewing that license! Each year you will be required to submit a current photo, (passport sized ONLY), proof of current address, (they want to keep your whereabouts known), current proof that you are who you say you are, (identity theft and all, which since they cannot get that under control only means a hassle for the person trying to renew this license).
This bill will demand that EVERY firearms owner is part of a nation-wide database, has their fingerprints on file, is subject to a mental health test, complies with all the restrictions that are decided on by the current Attorney General, (who is anti-gun), legislates where and how you store your firearms, and it goes on. Please read this bill so that you understand just how damaging it is to your rights as a firearms owner!!!
Just consider this; A boy or girl aged 17 has seen where a firearm is located and decides to examine it further. The gun is loaded and goes off accidentally. The owner/parent is held responsible for the actions of a child that is more adult than child, yet is under the age of 18. How does this in any way teach responsibility to the child? At some point a kid grows up. Who is going to convince a 17 year old that they are not an adult? This cannot be regulated by age as not every *child* matures at the same speed. Section 305 is all about *the child*!
A good article on this very issues can be found HERE: I loved the title too!
Again, the Obama Administration is after your firearms and will continue to try to get them any way it can. Be sure to call your legislature and let them know how you feel about this bill. We will not stand for the infringement of our unalienable rights to own and bear arms. This bill is an attempt to choke off those rights and must be defeated at all costs.
A bill congress should consider is one where all those who wish to run for any position in Congress be it Senator or Representative or President, should have to undergo testing which will prove they have loads of common sense, an understanding of the common man/woman who doesn’t have money, a college level understanding of law, AND the ability to understand how bills will affect these united States LAW-ABIDING citizens! You cannot legislate for criminals when your premise is that ALL CITIZENS are potential criminals. WE are FREE CITIZENS!
These two bills currently languish in the House Judiciary Committee. However, they are a cankor, festering and spreading disease for all Free Men and Women.
“If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying — that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts at gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the 1920-1939 period, the attempts at both Federal and State levels in 1965-1976 — establishes the repeated, complete and inevitable failure of gun laws to control serious crime.”
- Orrin Hatch, “The Right to Keep and Bear Arms”
“Forty years ago, when the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advise by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual was to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.”
- George Mason, June 14, 1788, quoted on page 380 of The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, 1861, Jonathan Elliot, ed. (The “artful man” in the quote is Sir William Keith.) This quote has typically been rephrased by gun control opponents; for instance, “To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.”
“The laws of [false utility] are those which forbid to wear arms, disarming those only who are not disposed to commit the crime which the laws mean to prevent. Can it be supposed, that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, and the most important of the code, will respect the less considerable and arbitrary injunctions, the violation of which is so easy, and of so little comparative importance? Does not the execution of this law deprive the subject of that personal liberty, so dear to mankind and to the wise legislator?”
* Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishments, 1764, Chapter 40
“A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.”
- George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address
- This quote concerns national war preparations. It has sometimes been altered by gun control opponents into an endorsement of private gun ownership; for example “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
“The particular phraseology of the Constitution of the United States
confirms and strengthens the principle, supposed to be essential to all
written constitutions, that a law repugnant to the Constitution is void;
and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that
John Marshall: Opinion as Chief Justice in Marbury vs. Madison,
“[E]very act of a delegated authority, contrary to the tenor of the
commission under which it is exercised, is void. No legislative act,
therefore, contrary to the Constitution, can be valid. To deny this,
would be to affirm, that the deputy is greater than his principal; that
the servant is above his master; that the representatives of the people
are superior to the people themselves; that men acting by virtue of
powers, may do not only what their powers do not authorize, but what
These are words of wisdom from our founding fathers and those that understand the value of the armed citizen. Let us never lose that which means so much, Freedom from Tyranny, by virtue of our unalienable right to own and bear arms!